ImNotHereRN

Jun 22, 2023
as far as i know, the steam call comes from the .exe file. if that isn't used on a Mac, (was it the .sh instead or the .py i simply forgot) then there shouldn't be that steam nagger.
So do you know what i should do, like the game is all cleared and exists it just wont open, no error pop up or anything it starts opening then automatically closes its self. I'm gonna try to redownload it and try again but idk, if it doesn't work again i'm just gonna skip the game unfortunately.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
So do you know what i should do, like the game is all cleared and exists it just wont open, no error pop up or anything it starts opening then automatically closes its self. I'm gonna try to redownload it and try again but idk, if it doesn't work again i'm just gonna skip the game unfortunately.
Do you have Steam installed? Who knows if the game checks its presence on the hard drive. It may be a silly idea, but still.

ImNotHereRN

Jun 22, 2023
Do you have Steam installed? Who knows if the game checks its presence on the hard drive. It may be a silly idea, but still.
yeah i have steam, i got it after the first install, after me reinstalling it the problem is the same. It opens for a second then it instantly closes its self, like the game recognizes its self and opens just to crash right away. idk im just gonna pass on it for now and if i get solid advice maybe ill come back to it.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
yeah i have steam, i got it after the first install, after me reinstalling it the problem is the same. It opens for a second then it instantly closes its self, like the game recognizes its self and opens just to crash right away. idk im just gonna pass on it for now and if i get solid advice maybe ill come back to it.
I don't know a thing about Mac, but on Windows anti-malware can sometimes act like this. Usually it just puts executable into quarantine and give you really loud, brigth and fittingly obnoxious malware warning. But some anti-malware may just blocks the executable and if you missed the message about malware, you may be none the wiser about the blocking.

Any chance its something like this?

Last edited:

F1forhalp

SOTD: Townes van Zandt - Our Mother The Mountain
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i've no idea what to use or to do in order to run Ren'Py games on a Mac, sorry. there are some people around who do use Mac, hopefully they jump in on that topic.

i just generally stay away from any apple products.

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
i've no idea what to use or to do in order to run Ren'Py games on a Mac, sorry. there are some people around who do use Mac, hopefully they jump in on that topic.

i just generally stay away from any apple products.
  • After downloading and installing Ren'Py for MacOS, move/copy the "renpy-8.x.x-sdk" folder/app in the "Applications" folder (you can put it elsewhere)
  • Then move the Windows/Linux Ren'Py game folder in the "renpy-8.x.x-sdk" folder and it showed in the Ren'Py Launcher with the others default existing projects
  • Finally, click on "Launch Project" and it seems to work fine
Try this, mac is weird with Ren'py, you have to jump through several hoops to get it to work.

ImNotHereRN

Jun 22, 2023
  • After downloading and installing Ren'Py for MacOS, move/copy the "renpy-8.x.x-sdk" folder/app in the "Applications" folder (you can put it elsewhere)
  • Then move the Windows/Linux Ren'Py game folder in the "renpy-8.x.x-sdk" folder and it showed in the Ren'Py Launcher with the others default existing projects
Try this, mac is weird with Ren'py, you have to jump through several hoops to get it to work.
Thanks that worked, when i launch it through ren'py it actually open.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Townes van Zandt - Our Mother The Mountain
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
this is gold. requesting to link it in OP.

Reactions: GrandPaBrowning

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
Does anyone has compressed version for the fella I answer to? He does not seem to speak English. Or use Google translate. Потому что кое-кто ленивая жопа, не так ли?
Ravager [v5.1.9] [4MinuteWarning] - Compressed

Pre-Cracked. Mac not tested.

Win/Linux [1,08 GB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac [1,07 GB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: GrandPaBrowning
4.50 star(s) 212 Votes